Searching for Home insurance in Valdosta Georgia or the surrounding areas? You have found the right place!
Call Pathway Insurance at 1-800-998-0662. We offer the best options for automobile, business, life or home insurance in Valdosta Georgia.
If it’s more convenient we also offer online quotes 24 hours per day. Click any of the links below!
Did You Know This about Your Valdosta Georgia Home Insurance Policy?
There are 6 coverage parts to the typical Georgia home insurance policy. In a series of articles we will consider each part and describe how they benefit you in the event of a claim.
Please note the types of coverage parts below:
Coverage A: Dwelling
Coverage B: Other Structures
Coverage C: Personal Property
Coverage D: Loss Of Use
Coverage E: Personal Liability
Coverage F: Medical Payments
In this article we will discuss Coverage A – Dwelling. What does Coverage A consist of?
Please note the definition from one policy:
SECTION I – PROPERTY COVERAGES
Coverage A – Dwelling
- We cover: a. the dwelling on the “residence premises” shown in the Declarations, including structures attached to the dwelling; and b. Materials and supplies located on or next to the “residence premises” used to construct, alter or repair the dwelling or other structures on the “residence premises”.
- We do not cover land, including land on which the dwelling is located.
In other words Coverage A protects the entire structure of your home both inside and outside.
Coverage A does not apply to your personal property. (Personal property is included in coverage C that we will discuss in a future article)
Valdosta Home Insurance – What Does Coverage A Protect You From?
Some who purchase Valdosta home insurance mistakenly conclude their insurance policies will cover them for any type of claims event.
Please note an important provision within the typical homeowner’s insurance policy:
SECTION I – PERILS INSURED AGAINST
- Coverage A – Dwelling and Coverage B – Other Structures
- We insure against risk of direct physical loss to property described in Coverages A and B.
- We do not insure, however, for loss: a. Excluded under Section I – Exclusions;
You will notice it mentions coverage is provided for direct physical loss to property in coverage A and B but it also refers in point number 22 exclusions of coverage.
What exactly are the typical exclusions of coverage in a home insurance policy?
In the next article we will consider one common type of exclusion a number of individuals assume is covered by home insurance in Valdosta Georgia.
When Shopping for Homeowners Insurance in Valdosta Ga Call Us!
Call 1-800-998-0662 and speak with one of our licensed agents. We are available Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Standard Time or available seven days per week using our online system.
To use our online rate quote system please click one of the links below:
We also serve your insurance needs in the following communities:
- Car Insurance Hahira Georgia
- Auto Insurance Barretts Georgia
- Quitman Georgia Home Insurance
- Car Insurance Statenville Georgia
- Boston Georgia Homeowners Insurance